So when it comes to make-up products – foundations has to be my favorite item to try out and I’m always on the hunt for that perfect foundation to give my skin the type of finish that I desire – and to be honest I’ve tried a few (or actually way too many) the last couple of years and I therefore wanted to share my TOP 5 HIGH END foundations with you. I’ve tried to select ones with different finishes, style and texture to give you a few different options depending on your skin type:
- So the first one is by far my number one foundation if I want that perfect amount of cover and flawless skin. The CHANEL PERFECTION LUMIERE gives medium to full cover depending on application and layers. It will dry down to a natural “matte” finish and works well on normal to oily skin. This is a long-wear foundation and I absolutely love this one! The only down side about it is that it comes in 8 different shades – so the range is not huge – but it gets a lot darker just one shade up so finding the perfect shades can be hard. I personally use 020, 030 and 040 depending on how tan I am.
- Next one up is the FACE AND BODY FOUNDATION from Mac Cosmetics. This is a very sheer, yet gorgeous foundation for those of you who just want a little hint of color – and for those who likes to even out the skin tone a little bit. This gives you a very natural and luminous look and will leave the skin looking fresh and fabulous. I love this for summer when I have a darker tan – or just to get that “perfect” skin on a daily basis. I just spot conceal where I need that extra cover and then I’m adding a layer of this beauty on top to even out the skin. This foundation also give moist/hydration to the skin which makes it perfect for those with a dry or normal skin type.
3. Number three is the MARC JACOBS RE(MARC)ABLE FOUNDATION which I loved from day one when I first tried this one out. This is a full coverage foundation that will leave your skin looking perfect without feeling heavy on the skin. You only need a few drops of this to cover the whole face and the cover is remarcable. You see what I just did there? This will last you a very long time and should absolutely been in your make-up bag. The only thing about this one is that it can be a bit dry – so I would get a tester before buying if you have dry skin – or at least use a good moisturizer and a hydrating primer underneath. This foundation comes in 12 different shades and can be bought at Sephora.
4. Next up is one of my holy grail foundations and it’s the LOCK-IT FOUNDATION from Kat Von D. This is also a very pigmented foundation that will give you that perfect full coverage look – but it’s a lot thicker than the Re(marc)able one if you’re not into that. It will even out every imperfection that you want to get rid off and it’s also long-lasting. The formula of this one will leave your skin matte, but if you’re oily it will get a little luminous throughout the day if you’re not setting it with a powder – so I would say that this fits every skin type even if you’re having dry skin. You can get this at Sephora as well and it comes in 27 different shades.
5. Last, but not least we have my newest favorite when it comes to foundations – the FENTY BEAUTY PRO FILT´R SOFT MATTE FOUNDATION. I got this a couple of months back and I’m loving how it makes my skin look. This will give you a medium to full cover as well – depending on how you apply it – and leave your face looking flawless without being too heavy. This foundation comes in 40 different shades which is amazing and the finish of this one is matte – but I feel like it’s more on the natural “matte” side – so it won’t make your skin look dry. An absolutely must-have if you’re on the hunt for a new foundation!
So there you have it – all my favorite high-end foundation – I really hope you enjoyed this post and if you want me to do more of these let me know in a comment! Xoxo ♥