Keeping Children Safe from Poisoning
1. Keep all household products and medicines locked up, out of sight and out of reach.
2. Use child-resistant packaging properly by closing the container securely after each use or choose child-resistant unit packaging, which does not need to be re-secured.
3. Call 1-800-222-1222 immediately in case of poisoning.
4. When products are in use, keep children in your sight, even if you must take them along when answering the phone or doorbell.
5. Keep items in original containers.
6. Leave the original labels on all products, and read the label before using.
7. Do not put decorative lamps and candles that contain lamp oil where children can reach them. Lamp oil can be very toxic if ingested by young children.
8. Always turn the light on when giving or taking medicine so you can see what you are taking. Check the dosage every time.
9. Avoid taking medicine in front of children.
10. Clean out the medicine cabinet periodically and safely dispose of unneeded and outdated medicines.